About Me

My photo
Olive Branch, MS, United States
I'm a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. I work, I play, I laugh, I smile and I cry. I love to read, to ponder and to write. These are the thoughts I feel inspired to share...by no means all of them, just some of them.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Time To Check A New Box

Last week I turned "40". Yep, the big FOUR-OH. I remember back when I thought 40 was old, that things went downhill after that, that if I hadn't done 'it', whatever 'it' was, by 40 that it probably wasn't going to happen.

Well every single one of those preconceptions are WRONG!! I'm excited about 40! I feel great, have an awesome family, am in an exciting job and am expecting the best decade of my life. Take THAT "40"!!

So I got thinking about 'the first 40 years' then 'the next 40 years'. Those of you that have known me a long time, read my testimony or simply put forth the effort to get to know me the last couple of years likely KNOW a good bit about my first 40 years. A quick recap might read:

0-12: Spoiled kid with fairly prominent, connected parents
13-18: Undisciplined teenager, successful academically and athletically
19-22: Chemical Engineering degree, great job, moved away from home
22-25: Dependancy on all the wrong things - very hazy time
26-27: Met and married Dennis
27-34: Two children, crazy work, three moves, no work/life balance
34-37: Trying to figure out who I was and who I wanted to be
38-40: Finally allowed God full reign and started living/loving life

No way does that recap do the first 40 justice.....but it's a good outline. I am however WAY more interested in the what the NEXT 40 will bring. I'll write about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment