About Me

My photo
Olive Branch, MS, United States
I'm a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. I work, I play, I laugh, I smile and I cry. I love to read, to ponder and to write. These are the thoughts I feel inspired to share...by no means all of them, just some of them.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday morning routine

My Fridays are precious to me - the absolute BEST day of the work week!! Why? Because it's 'Friday', the last day of the week? Because the next day is 'Saturday'? Heck no!!! It's way better than that.

Let me walk you through a normal Friday:

4:26am - Alarm goes off. It usually takes me 13 seconds to shake the cobwebs out, realize that 'yes, it is indeed time to get up', and roll out of bed.

4:27-4:33am - Throw on a typically mismatched outfit of workout clothes, a serious layer of deoderant and my baseball cap.

4:34am - Contemplate NOT brushing my teeth since I'll likely chew gum at workout....then realize how gross that is and brush them.

4:35am - Lace up the Asics GT-2140's. I love these shoes....they are orange and white and I bought them on EBay for less than half the MSRP.

4:36am - Dig water bottle out of a drawer, fill it with ice and water and hopefully remember to close the lid.

4:37-4:50am - Drive to Jay-Lo's. Typically update my FB status at the first redlight announcing to the world (or at least 242 friends) that I'm crazy enough to be up that early to workout.

4:50-4:53am - Sit in parking lot waiting for our awesome instructor Cyrilla to show up and let us in. Catch up on last nights FB activity on my Blackberry.

4:53-5:00am - Get in, put down mat and weights and get myself mentally prepared to give it 100%!

5:00-6:00am - Workout with the usual 12-15 peeps. I love my Friday class - Cyrilla is a great motivator and the other people in the class are all so committed and push each other.

6:01-6:03am - Moan and groan, give a high five to Cyrilla and wish her a good weekend, and drag out to the car.

6:03 - 6:07am - Drive to Starbucks. I remember to put my glasses back on about half the time.

6:07-7:00am - Enjoy a grande skinny hazelnut latte in the brown leather chair with Kellie. We sit and chat about family, work, God and everything else. Always good conversation. Typically get 3-5 Olive Branch policemen to ooogle at while we're there.

7:00 - 5:00pm - Go home, get ready for work, drive kids to school (love doing that!), go to work, work all day, then call it a day.


WHY IS THIS SO AWESOME??

Because I'm feeding myself mentally, physically and spiritually to a point of sheer happiness. Having the discipline to get up, pushing myself at workout, then relaxing within the realm of a truly wonderful friendship satisfies me to the point where NOTHING can put a damper on my day. LOVE MY FRIDAYS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment