About Me

My photo
Olive Branch, MS, United States
I'm a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. I work, I play, I laugh, I smile and I cry. I love to read, to ponder and to write. These are the thoughts I feel inspired to share...by no means all of them, just some of them.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How Can Your Heart Get 'Stolen'?

The other day I heard Britt Nicole's song, "The Lost Get Found" on the radio. Twice. In the same day. I love to really LISTEN to lyrics and was smacked by the phrase:

"THEN YOUR HEART WAS STOLEN"

I started thinking about all sorts of things but ended up coming back to these questions:

"HOW DOES ANYTHING GET STOLEN?"
"WHAT GET'S STOLEN?"
"HOW DO YOU KEEP THINGS FROM GETTING STOLEN?"


So. Things of value are stolen when they are not guarded. Plain and simple. People don't steal junk, they don't steal things that have no value. They steal things that have meaning and worth....maybe just to them....but they do have meaning and worth. Things that aren't guarded, are left out in the open, are careless handed off to others...these are things that are stolen.

Back to the heart. Mine was stolen a long long time ago.....I say that because I certainly did not have control or possession of it. My heart was once ruled by power and by greed. I had carelessly let it roam, let it be held by people and things that were not looking out for it's well being. Was it worth anything at the time? Well, it was worth keeping from ME....keeping from the opportunity to love and to care about anything other than myself. For a good many years my heart was held captive, stolen by Satan for his own pleasure.

I have my heart back, but this time I'm protecting it. How? By allowing the Spirit to inhabit it, from the front door to the back porch and everywhere in between. It's guarded day and night by what I read, what I watch, who I spend my time with. I still put my heart out in the open, but now it's done with purpose, protected the whole way by genuine love.

My heart will not be stolen again.



No comments:

Post a Comment